I designed this cover for the one-off magazine to go on sale at Nottingham's first zine fair happening on the 28th May at the Hopkinson Gallery, opposite the train station. However, it was decided that another design will be used for the cover as it was felt it was best to have a bright cover in order to help it stand out between all the other zines going on sale for this day. This fun and crazy zine is about illustrating people's imaginative and crazy ideas that God should've thought of, that would improve people's lives, whether actually practical or not.
This is the image that I created by layering and manipulating images taken by myself and from the internet, combining images and symbols of life, nature, creation and mystery. This image may still be used somewhere within the zine, however was not destined for the front cover.
This is the spread design I came up with that will be used within the zine for the idea of glow in the dark food. I have used a combination of traditional drawing, photocopying, photography and photo manipulation within Photoshop. The copy is yet to be placed within the spread, however I am excited to see it all put together!
Here is a link to my cover design proposed on their Tumblr:
http://genesismagazine.tumblr.com/post/5604644663/sophie-austens-work



No comments:
Post a Comment