Current Project - Advertising Campaign - The Big Switch Off
To use an appropriate method of advertising to deliver the message of your chosen campaign to it's appropriate target audience. I have decided to draw upon popular culture i.e. song lyrics and film titles/quotes from the 1980/90s to appeal to the age range between 18-30, yet it could also be vaguely familiar and engaging to other age ranges. I feel this an adaptable idea, which could take the form of a billboard/poster drip feed campaign, with a series of different images/typographic messages to gradually reveal the whole message, and so maintain interest and intrigue. I feel the tongue-in-cheek tone is a good approach, with inspiration drawn from the recent T-Mobile/Orange Network Campaign by Fallon and Saatchi & Saatchi. These are some of my favourite ideas so far visualised digitally. I now need to decide which route to go down and to develop it further...
Further development of my idea. I think I will use these lyrics, however to pull this idea together better I could shape them into the shape of a boom box rather than a T.V. to in-keep with the decade and electrical item. I could then find a T.V. or film quote/title/theme tune etc. to mould into the shape of a T.V. There could even be something I could use to mould into the shape of a light as well, however unfortunately I don't think I will have time to do another one.
-
Design Hero Project - Nick Bell
Given a current/past graphic designer or illustrator, we had to present a mood board representing our design hero and their work through researching into them, their work, achievements and way of thinking.
Final Piece
And then we had to design something in A3 format which is related to our design hero. My design was an A3 poster which I am going to send to Nick Bell along with an accompanying cover letter.
-
Penguin Competition Brief
My James & the Giant Peach final cover design, ready to submit. I wanted to design a more subtle cover which doesn't obviously include a peach within it and should hopefully stand out amongst the other more predominant orange-themed designs. I also wanted my design to just hint towards the contents of the book and make it quite classical to represent the fact that it is a classic book that both appeals to children and adults. Moreover I thought by including the fact that the story of J&TGP is 50 this year in the design somewhere would be a nice touch too.
Alternative cover layout designs.
Other peach-related imagery I could've used for the cover design.
-
InDesign Project - Typographic & Print Terms
Once finding the definitions to the most popular typographic and printing terminology, we then had to use InDesign for the first time to design and mock up a form of leaflet/booklet to present them. Above is the front and back cover of my booklet/file design and an example spread from the the InDesign PDF document.
Final Piece
Images of the final made booklet.
-

Self-initiated Work
The Valentine's Day card I decided to design and make for my boyfriend this year.
-
After Effects Project
Some stills from my few lines of animated lyrics to the song Rapper's Delight by the Sugarhill Gang.
-
Workshop Outcome
A self-expressive self-portrait from memory.
-











No comments:
Post a Comment